Sunday, August 24, 2008

Despite losing among Catholics, Obama chooses pro-abortion vice president

Despite losing among Catholics, Obama chooses pro-abortion vice president  This link will take you to yet another telling article  that some of the most intriguing parts follow immediately: 

.....Obama has picked Joe Biden, a self-described strong supporter of Roe v. Wade, as his vice presidential candidate.

Biden’s voting record includes a 2004 vote against penalties for someone attacking a pregnant woman and harming her unborn child while committing a separate crime, a vote in 2000 against maintaining a ban on abortions on military bases and a 2006 vote against notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions.

In contrast to these votes is a statement made by Sen. Biden on Meet the Press in April 2007 when he was asked about when life begins. “Look, I'm a practicing Catholic, and it is the biggest dilemma for me in terms of comporting my religious and cultural views with my political responsibility.” … “I am prepared to accept my church's view. I think it's a tough one. I have to accept that on faith.”  

When it comes to embryonic stem cell research and cloning, Joe Biden has voted in favor of expanding embryonic research efforts and against a ban on cloning.

In an April 2007 Democratic primary debate, Sen. Biden also explained his stance on a litmus test question about Roe v. Wade for Supreme Court judicial nominees. “I strongly support Roe v. Wade. I wouldn't have a specific question but I would make sure that the people I sent to be nominated for the Supreme Court shared my values---to that I would add, of what value are you talking when you wish to codify into American Law the right to murder babies in the womb?

No comments: